Quick and Easy Recipes
Magical BACON GUACAMOLE CHICKEN BOMBS
Ingredients for 8 chicken bombs:
* 2 ripe avocados
* ½ white onion, finely chopped
* ½ tomato, chopped
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
* ½ tablespoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
* 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
* 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
* black pepper, to taste
* 8 strips bacon
* 1 tablespoon canola oil
* Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
* Using a knife, cut around the pit of each avocado, separating the halves from each other. Remove the pits and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh.
* In a large bowl, combine the avocado, onion, tomato, cilantro, salt, and lime juice. Mash and stir with a fork until there are no large chunks of avocado left.
* Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on all sides. Slice chicken breasts in half crosswise.
* Cut a slit in the center of each half to make a pocket. Take a heaping spoonful of the guacamole and pack it into the pocket. Pinch the edges closed.
* Wrap each chicken breast with 2 strips of bacon, making sure the ends of the bacon all end up on the same side of the chicken.
* Heat oil in a large pan over high heat. Sear the bacon-wrapped chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remember to sear the sides of the chicken as well.
* Transfer the chicken to a baking dish and bake for 10 minutes, or until cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C). Serve immediately.
The auror’s chicken roll ups
* 2 (8-oz) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
* 1 (10-3/4 oz) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
* 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
* 1/2 cup milk
* 4-oz cream cheese, room temperature
* 2 Tbsp butter, room temperature
* 1/2 tsp garlic powder
* 1 tsp minced onion flakes
* 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
* 1/2 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
* 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
* 1/4 tsp ground black pepper (or to taste)
* 2 Tbsp milk
* 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
* Set oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13 dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
* Mix together 1/2 cup milk, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese and undiluted chicken soup. Set aside.
* Mix together cream cheese and butter until very smooth. Stir in garlic powder. Add the chopped chicken, onion flakes, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, seasoning salt, pepper and 2 Tbsp milk.
* Unroll the crescent rolls. Scoop chicken mixture on top of the wide end of of each crescent triangle, then roll up starting at the thicker end.
* Drizzle a small amount of soup mixture on the bottom of the dish. Place the crescent rolls seam-side down on top of the creamed mixture in the casserole.
* Drizzle the remaining sauce on top and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
* Bake uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes.
Once upton a time creamy shrimp linguini
1 pound linguini
4 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
2 shallots, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
Pinch red pepper flakes, optional
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup dry white wine
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley leaves
For the pasta, put a large pot of water on the stove to boil. When it has come to the boil, add a couple of tablespoons of salt and the linguini. Stir to make sure the pasta separates; cover. When the water returns to a boil, cook for about 6 to 8 minutes or until the pasta is not quite done. Drain the pasta.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter in 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Saute the shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes (if using) until the shallots are translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper; add them to the pan and cook until they have turned pink, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the pan; set aside and keep warm. Add wine and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Add 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons oil. When the butter has melted, return the shrimp to the pan along with the parsley and cooked pasta. Stir well and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over a bit more olive oil and serve immediately.